About Second Chance
Second Chance Animal Shelter is a nationally recognized organization that provides innovative programs and services to help animals. Second Chance Animal Shelter has been helping animals since 1999. We are a no-kill, non-profit charitable 501c3 organization. We help over 26,000 pets through adoption, low cost spay/neuter, subsidized veterinary care, community outreach, educational programs, training, a pet food pantry, and other services.
- To provide temporary shelter to stray, abandoned, and surrendered animals for the purpose of finding permanent suitable new homes.
- To provide assistance and financial aid to prevent overpopulation through spaying and neutering programs.
- To support a healthy pet community and responsible animal husbandry by providing reasonably cost general veterinary services, as well as low/no cost general veterinary services to those unable to afford care for their pets.
- To provide low/no cost general veterinary services to animal control agencies, animal shelters and rescues.
- To establish cross-referral networks with local “for profit” veterinary doctors and clinics.
- To provide assistance and information to others whose purposes are consistent with the purpose of Second Chance Animal Shelter, Inc.
Second Chance will be a model shelter, addressing the issue of pet over-population by providing solutions through services and prevention through education. We will be the exemplary shelter for Central Massachusetts by executing exceptional business and service practices and providing a revolutionary model for the pet and shelter industry.
Our Annual Report
Want to know more about how we help to save lives? Read our annual report.
2016 Click here!
2015 Click here!
2014 Click here!
We are proud to say that we have a 100% live release rate! No adoptable pet is ever euthanized for space. You can see our statistics here:
2015 Click here!