Second Chance Animal Services relies on volunteers to accomplish its mission. If you have a particular talent that would be of assistance to us let us know or if you just love animals, we can always use your help!
If you would like to volunteer, please fill out the on-line form by CLICKING HERE
Or you can print, complete and mail or fax our Volunteer Application.
Download Our Volunteer Application/Agreement
Please FAX to (508) 867-5019 or mail to:
Second Chance Animal Shelter
111 Young Road, P.O. Box 136
East Brookfield, MA 01515
Volunteer positions needed:
- Clerical: General filing and copying
- Maintenance/Cleaning: Dog Kennels and Cat Cages are cleaned twice a day or more and occasionally need minor repairs.
- Dog Walkers: Volunteers needed to walk the dogs. They LOVE this part and its important to their well-being!
- Animal Socialization: Volunteers to play and socialize with the animals. The cats appreciate this special one on one time!
- Basic Obedience: Volunteers to teach basic commands to the dogs.
- Odd Jobs: Anyone with building skills to assist us with interior improvements.
- Transportation: We can always use more volunteers to help with the transportation of supplies and donations. We also need volunteers who are available in the morning or afternoon to take animals to and from the vets or other facilities.
- Writers: We need volunteers to help with the writing of our tri-annual newsletter.
- Junior Volunteers: Youths 16 and under must be accompanied by a parent. Youths 16-18 years old must volunteer when another volunteer or adult is present.