Worcester Community Veterinary Hospital
Worcester Community Veterinary Hospital
831 Main Street
Worcester, MA 01610
Vaccination and Microchip Clinics
Thursdays - 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Second Chance offers Rabies Vaccination and Microchip Clinics. These clinics will help ensure that all pets get home safely and are protected from rabies. Cats must be in carriers. Dogs must be on leash.
|Rabies Vaccination (RABVAC3)||$12*|
|Distemper Vaccination (DA2PP and FVRCP)||$12|
|Heartworm/Lyme/ea/ec 4DX test||$30|
|Leukemia Virus/FIV test||$30|
* If your pet already has a rabies vaccine and this is a booster, please bring the pet's Rabies vaccination Certificate as proof. The pet may be eligible for a three year rabies vaccine if the vaccine is given within 9-12 months from the date of the previous vaccine.
** Bring fecal sample for fecal test. Medication extra.
Low Cost Spay/Neuter
Includes a rabies vaccine if needed.
* Prices are dependent on size of dog. Please fill out the SPOT application and submit. A representative will call you with pricing and scheduling.
* Pit Fix Program – All pit bull type dogs are spayed/neutered for $75.00.
Please note: Our larger spay/neuter clinic is located at our Wellness Center in North Brookfield. Appointments for spay/neuter are offered at our Worcester clinic as well. Depending on scheduling, you can check with both clinics for appointment times.
At the Second Chance Community Veterinary Clinic we offer our high quality veterinary care (including subsidized pricing for those that qualify), low cost spay/neuter program, education classes and more!
Second Chance Animal Services has a high quality veterinary clinics which includes subsidized pricing for those that qualify as part of our Community Healthy Pet Initiative. This is open to the general public so everyone is welcome to come to our veterinary clinic for their pet’s care. However, the reduced fees of our subsidized veterinary clinic are only available to those that qualify. You must meet the income requirement to receive the prices listed on our fee schedule. Those that do not qualify will pay the regular fees and all proceeds benefit the shelter programs that help pets in need.
What does subsidized veterinary care mean? It means that for those that are on fixed incomes, we provide reduced rates on veterinary services. This helps to ensure that pets get the medical care they need for treatable medical conditions.
The purpose of this clinic is to help alleviate the suffering of pets from treatable medical conditions. We provide low cost and free care to those that cannot afford to care for a pet in need.
Our staff of veterinarians, veterinary technicians and support staff, make up a team that helps to provide the best care and treatment to pets in need. Our clinic has the latest in equipment and cutting edge spay/neuter surgery techniques that help to make for a great experience for the pets.
This clinic, coupled with our long standing spay/neuter and vaccine clinics is another way to show that Second Chance Animal Shelter is a leader in helping to fight suffering in the pets in our community and beyond. Second Chance Animal Services is a very different animal welfare organization that provides programs to help in every way possible to make lives better for pets. This is just one more way that Second Chance is making a difference in over 26,000 pet’s lives every year.
Here is an interesting article on how important access to this program is in keeping pets out of shelters in the first place. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/aspca-report-pets-given-up-to-shelters_56896846e4b06fa68882a134
For Our Special Patient's Health & Comfort:
- Surgeries that are performed on heated surgical tables
- Post-surgical comfort includes heating units to keep pets comfortable and warm
- In-house laboratory services including state of the art comprehensive blood chemistry and cytology machines
- Anesthetic monitoring including pulse oximetry
- Dental cleanings and extractions
- Digital Dental X-Ray
- Digital Full Body X-Ray
- Parasite control
- Pain relief
- Individual comfortable recovery cages
- A loving and knowledgable veterinary staff
- Licensed veterinarians trained in cutting edge spay/neuter surgery