Love providing access to care to pets in need? Want to work at a place that will give you a great experience helping pets in need while keeping a well-rounded work-life balance? This is the position for you! We offer options for work/life balance including 4 day workweeks, shorter days, or other options that help to make you love your work while having time for you as well.
Second Chance is looking for compassionate, dedicated veterinarians to join our growing organization. We currently have 4 hospitals, and offer the opportunity to work at one or multiple of our locations (North Brookfield, Southbridge, Springfield, and Worcester, MA).
We are seeking individuals of all skill sets to join our current team of 9 veterinarians. Do you love surgery? Are you a medicine pro, or do you have a strong interest in helping pets from underserved communities? Your employment would offer numerous possibilities to explore your professional interests and develop your own niche. New or recent graduates may be eligible for our mentorship program which provides training in surgery, dentistry, and community practice.
Second Chance has a wide support staff, and we take pride in working together as a team throughout all our locations. As a progressive, non-profit organization, we provide subsidized pricing to those who qualify while still providing the highest quality of care to pets from underserved communities.
Our hospitals see appointments Monday through Friday and half-days on Saturdays at some locations. No after-hours emergencies are required. Opportunities to do offsite vaccine clinics and community outreach are also occasionally available.
All of our hospitals are equipped with full dental and surgical suites with all the equipment needed to practice high-quality medicine. We will work with the right candidate to provide additional training in their areas of special interest or where improvement is needed.
What do we offer?
● Work/life balance (option for 4 day workweeks or 6-8 hour work shifts with only 1-2 Saturdays per month (or none with seniority)
● 403(b)- non-profit equivalent to 401(k)
● Medical benefits including health and dental
● Paid time off, paid sick time
● 100% employer paid life insurance
● Discounted pet care for employee pets
● Continuing Educational allowances
● In house CE opportunities (no cost to employee)
● Mentorship opportunities for new grads as well as in house advanced training options
● 100% paid licensing (MA license and DEA)
● 100% paid VIN membership
● 100% paid (1) professional membership
● Rewards/Bonus options
● Competitive salary ($85,000. to $150,000.)
● Qualification for PSLF program
● Relocation incentive
Visit our website for more information on our work at www.secondchanceanimals.org